This position is in charge of operational oversight, design and management of our core voice & data IP network. The candidate for this position will need to have the ability and skill set to analyze current & future requirements of the network in a collaborative environment. In addition, he/she will have to sustain the day to day management of the network functions. This position also oversees and provides necessary updates, enhancements, security and system upgrades to maintain the integrity of the network at all times. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
IP Network Engineering:
- Design and implementation of IP network transport systems to support IP Telephony and Products
- Support IP transport systems critical data payloads used for signalling of soft switch environments.
- Design and implementation of peering IP networks using BGP and MPLS.
- Design and implement interior routing protocols.
- Architect networks for new services, identify areas of improvement, and develop/implement acceptance testing plans.
- Determine equipment needed to meet specified requirements and make PO requisitions.
- Complete and maintain network topology documents and diagrams.
- Embrace company goals and strategy in alignment with KPI’s and provide metrics.
- Manage access to and protect the network from intentional and accidental abuse, unauthorized access, and communication loss.
- Maintain and implement network firewalls
- Enable NOC with access and approach to monitor and maintain network.
- Devise short term workarounds, troubleshooting, and correcting fault conditions.
- Assist Network Operations personnel with issue resolution
- Work with the NOC and Care on developing product turn-up processes
- Design routines that run diagnostics.
- Perform Network augments
- Support multi-functional teams in support of product development
- Maintain and improve various processes and back-office systems, including network inventory and OSS provisioning
- Develop and support procedures for ensuring network survivability and disaster recovery
- Analyze, interpret, troubleshoot and respond to diagnostics and other data
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
3 to 5 years of experiences in the following areas:
- Service provider Core, Edge, Border, Access and Aggregation routing and switching equipment
- Voice and data peering
- Attention to detail with great communications skills to interact and articulate with vendors, and customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Network Telemetry within Network Management Systems (NMS)
- Network Protocols and OSI models
- Linux OS
- Standard best practices for network development and design.
- Networking, Telephony and VoIP terminology.
- Juniper, Cisco, JunOS, Traverse, AdTran, Fortinet.