Senior Research Scientist - Target Discovery
We are currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist - Target Discovery to join a leading Biotherapeutics Immuno-Oncology business in the Cambridge area. As the Senior Research Scientist - Target Discovery you will use your experience of Target Identification and Screening, Target Validation and knowledge of Mechanisms of action to support the Target Discovery of novel Cell Therapy Targets.
Back to Jobs
You will create CRISPR Kock-Out libraries for screening and you will develop complex cellular assays to identify and validate targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fairly new Biotherapeutics company and offers the opportunity to discover novel targets in the ImmunoOncology and Inflammatory therapeutic areas.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Research Scientist - Target Discovery will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead your own projects and carry out a variety of investigations including but not limited to Mammalian cell culture (Primary and Transformed), Multiplex Imaging and Ligand binding assays (MSD / ELISA), RT-qPCR, Flow Cytometry and Gene Editing in addition to -omics approaches.
2. You will develop novel multicellular in vitro assays for screening and validation of targets.
3. You will establish and over see external studies and work closely with internal stake holders and Project Managers.
4. Be able to work in a fast paced environment and positively contribute to this exciting new and growing company.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Research Scientist - Target Discovery we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Cellular Biology and experience in a drug discovery and development setting
2. Proven industry experience with a range of tissue culturing methods including Multicellular and Organoid / Spheres / 3D cell culture. Multi-parameter Flow cytometry, RT-qPCR, MSD, ELISA and -omics technologies.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with leading a small team and projects is desired. The ability to troubleshoot assay development is a key part to this role.
Key Words: Target Identification | Target Discovery | Target Validation | Target Screening | Cell Biology | Cellular Biology | Drug Discovery | Drug Development | Cell Culture | Tissue Culture | 3D Cell Culture | 3D Organoids | Co-Culture | Immunology | Immunotherapy | Biotherapy | Biotechnology | Inflammation | Fibroblast | Stem Cells
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.