** Please watch video overview above **
We are recruiting for an newly created Revenue Controller role and are able to offer a truly flexible opportunity. Other then perhaps a couple of days a month where you are likely to be required to be present in a regional office for meetings, the successful candidate can work from home and use virtual technology to hold meetings with fee earners as required.
Due to the flexible nature of this Revenue Controller opportunity, this role is suitable for individuals residing across the UK with Revenue Controller or relevent revenue control experience.
An overview of duties:
- Seeking out and driving WIP information from lawyers and conducting WIP meetings with all partners, and lawyers where necessary
- Controlling and overseeing aging disbursements
- Chase for authorisation and monitor progress of bills through the Elite system progress of large bills, key bills or complex
- Chase late bills before month end closure,
- Understanding and controlling all aged WIP held over 6 months and ensuring it is charged
- Ensure SOPs are followed by teams for centrally billed clients
- Encourage best practice around billing and drive month end performance
- Work closely with Billing colleagues in respect of bills requested and write offs, time/disbs transfers
- Monitor and drive down open time by liaising with office managers, fee-earners and secretaries to ensure prompt closure prior to risk of purging
- Review time that has been purged time > 5 hours by speaking and challenging relevant fee earners and escalating as part of the monthly process
- Ensure correct codification of WIP
- Review credit WIP (Anticipated time)
- Continued interaction with the UK firm wide Revenue Control Team, taking on various internal projects as they arise
- Completing out monthly WIP reports to Partners/BTK’s
- Provide financial reporting; (excluding detailed analyses of profit, gross margin and other KPIs) diarising regular reports as necessary to ensure prompt delivery and in the format as required by the client be they internal or external
- Provision of billing guides and other reports to partners and lawyers on an ad-hoc basis
- escalate issues to service delivery team where repeated errors occur in processes
This recruitment process will be swift for this opportunity, so those interested with relevent expereince are strongly encouraged to apply and expect a prompt personal response to their application.