The Contracts Manager position has been created due to the continued growth of our Data Driven software business and which has led to an expanding contract portfolio across the organisation.
The role will require you to engage with customers, build strong working relationships, continuously support Commercial aspects of the contracts under your remit which in turn will help deliver our key performance metrics, KPIs and contractual commitments within Frameworks.
As the contract Manager you will ensure that the contracts under your care are properly managed and controlled whilst guaranteeing that the commercial strategy is delivered and developed in accordance with the requirements of the business.
You will be dealing with both Internal and customer contractual obligations making sure that the clients internal financial and performance reporting is consistent and accurate. You will be working directly with our varied customer base, overseeing contracts, and ensuring projects are completed in line with the design & specification. You will be one of the key contacts between the business and the customer for all commercial elements.
A background in business management and an understanding of how IT and technical projects work would be greatly beneficial for this role.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate contracts, including drafting and revising a variety of contracts both customer and internal-facing
- An ability to review customer contracts and produce a contract summary highlighting key risks and issues for use by managers and owning responsibility for contract authorisation
- Ensure the customer and employee-facing contract documents are managed and maintained, undertaking compliance checks against contracts as needed
- Provide advice and guidance to the business in relation to contract generation
- Create, prepare, review and edit all current contracts whilst driving continuous improvement
- Liaise with clients to ensure strong working relationships, effective contract governance, contractor engagement, accountability and risk management
- Support the Programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate governance
- Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions to the director.
- Proactively monitor and mitigates risks associated with their contract portfolio
- Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract
- Manage contract exits
Certified in a Contract Management Methodology, CATS CM, IACCM CIPS etc
- Experience of corporate contract management
- Analytical, commercial and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead stakeholders through contract change request processes
- Ability to manage contract risk and understanding of different forms of contract and risk allocation
- Knowledge of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments would be beneficial
Relevant knowledge needed:
- Governance, Assurance & Compliance
- Strategy Development
- Bespoke Third-Party Agreements
- Contract Management & Administration
- Dispute Resolution
- Cost Control
- Project Management & Planning
- Estimating & Cost Planning
For more information on this Contract Manager role please get in touch!