My client, one of the fastest growing professional engineering institutions in the world is looking for a Senior Risk Manager to join its team on a Hybrid basis.
Reporting to the Head of Programme Office the Senior Risk Manager will be expected to manage the process for identifying, reporting, and mitigating risks for my client.
To be considered for this role the successful Senior Risk Manager will need to have demonstrable experience of monitoring compliance with external legal and regulatory obligations and you should have:
· The skillset to take responsibility for risk management and data protection
· Managed a business continuity programme and have experience of working on a risk insurance programme
· Good knowledge of risk management software
· Ideally worked for a charity or membership organisation
· Experience of working in a multi-site environment
· Possess a good working knowledge of the GDPR regulations and compliance requirements
· A good understanding of change and/or project management methodologies
· Be a problem-solver, with commercial acumen and a desire to find better ways of achieving set goals.
The successful Senior Risk Manager will be tasked with the following responsibilities to include:
· Monitoring of all compliance with external legal and regulatory obligations and manage the process for effective and consistently applied internal policies and procedures.
· Managing processes to ensure organisational compliance with the GDPR regulations and any additional or replacement legislative requirements
· Leading change management processes to comply with GDPR/Data protection principles and embed a positive GDPR culture throughout the organisation.
· Managing the Internal Audit programme including the updating and reporting to the ARC.
· Managing the business continuity programme, keeping the documentation up-to-date and implementing periodic test exercises.
· Assisting on risk insurance for the organisation, including liaison with other departments as required
· Leading the project to achieve and maintain ISO27001 compliance.
· Assist in Investigating, evaluating, developing and implementing systems to improve the effectiveness of the risk & compliance function.
· Leading, motivating and developing junior staff
· Managing relationships with internal auditors and systems suppliers
You must be willing and able to undertake a reasonable amount of travel as required and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and benefits that include:
Pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, 26 days annual leave, Cycle to Work Scheme, flexible / hybrid working and more