My client, one of the fastest growing professional engineering institutions in the world is looking for a Risk & GDPR Administrator to join its team on a Hybrid basis.
Working with the Senior Risk Manager, the Risk & GDPR Administrator will assist the Senior with identifying reporting and mitigating risks for the organisation as well as monitoring compliance with external legal and regulatory obligations.
To be considered for this role the Risk / GDPR Administrator will need a good working knowledge of GDPR regulations and compliance requirements and ideally come from a charity and / or membership environment although this is not essential.
Successful candidate will also have:
· Any experience of working within a Risk Management / GDPR role
· A good understanding of change and/or project management methodologies
· Demonstrable experience of working on risk management and data protection tasks
· Worked on developing and implementing new policies and procedures including delivering internal training.
· Experience of working in a multi-site environment.
· Excellent skills with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel, PowerPoint desirable)
· Proven communication skills with the ability to present complex data simply and provide focused feedback in a clear manner.
· Natural problem-solving skills, with intellectual curiosity and a desire to find better ways of achieving set goals.
The successful applicant will be asked to undertake the following tasks which will include:
· Assist in Investigating, evaluating, developing, and implementing systems to improve the effectiveness of the risk & compliance function.
· Assist in leading change management processes across the organisation to comply with GDPR/Data protection principles and help embed a positive GDPR culture throughout the organisation.
· Manage and maintain all GDPR/Data Protection enquiries and requests including the Data Protection Officer (DPO) mailbox, the GDPR working task list, the GDPR risks & opportunities register and the GDPR breaches register. responding as first line support
· Support Risk Management in GDPR information governance throughout the organisation.
· Develop gap analysis and risk reporting methodologies to identify/compare current plans, policies, and procedures against those of GDPR.
· Regularly update and refine the identification of Information data flows and classification, using DPIA risk assessment methodology.
· Ensure the GDPR Breach and Opportunity log is managed for effective solutions, making recommendations where required.
· Ensure local risk registers (not just GDPR) are created and effectively managed for all departments.
· Drive and assist the GDPR task risks owned by the departmental managers, ensuring resolutions are delivered to agreed timescales.
· Plan and implement regular auditing of GDPR compliance within all departments and subsidiaries.
· Regularly review and update business continuity documentation.
· Manage all day-to-day insurance issues relating to the car fleet.
If you have experience of working on risk management, good working knowledge of GDPR regulations and compliance requirements you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and benefits that include:
Pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, 26 days annual leave, Cycle to Work Scheme, flexible / hybrid working and more