My client, a company that designs, manufacturers and supplies professional lighting systems throughout the world is looking for experienced Assistant Project Managers who can work nationally, on-site on various projects.
Reporting to the Projects Manager you will communicate to PM and customers the deliverables, dependencies, and risks as each project progresses. You must have a minimum of five years’ proven Project Supervisory experience in an M&E or construction environment with Electrical installation experience.
Successful Assistant Project Managers that join the team will also need to have:
· A good knowledge of CDM regulations
· Have SMSTS certification
· Possess a recognised technical qualification in construction,
· Have demonstrable experience of electrical installations
· Have the ability to stay away and work nationally on high value projects
· Fully competent with Project Management methodology
Assistant Project Managers must be competent in construction Health and Safety law and legislation and have demonstrable evidence of having managed a team and / or sub-contractors.
You will be a customer facing assistant Project Manager who can deal with customers diligently and efficiently and have an understanding of the difference between mark up and margin.
Any technical knowledge of electrical installation and or lighting schemes will be very much welcomed as would any Knowledge of EPC contracts and / or Knowledge of working within healthcare environments
You will be a self-assured assistant Project manager who may come from a site management background, but you will need to be an excellent relationship with internal and external stakeholders alike making sure that each project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
You will also be expected to:
· Supervise the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) “end to end.”
· On each project you will be expected to take on all sub-contractor management and site supervisory duties.
· Work closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of
· Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans.
· Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
· Understand the full scope of the project works to be delivered. This is to include budget requirements and required profit margins.
The successful Project Manager will be rewarded with an excellent basic salary, and benefits including a company car, pension, 25 days holiday and company bonus.