My client one of the nation's most loved healthcare retail brands is looking for a highly experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join its team.
Working remotely, but able to be on-call for Nuneaton and Burton on Trent offices, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will provide 3rd line IT Infrastructure support along with delivering IT projects and supporting business innovation and growth, whilst being equally involved in BAU operations.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will have a minimum of five years of hands-on technical experience working within an infrastructure team and have a proven track record of delivering complex Infrastructure projects on premise and in Azure and AWS. You will also have a great understanding of PowerShell scripting and be used to being the primary escalation point in absence of the infrastructure manager.
You will be responsible for developing existing infrastructure components and liaising with architecture, engineering, operations, and release teams across multiple offices. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will:
- Be adaptable and flexible within demanding and challenging environments, and be confident in your own ability as a Subject Matter Expert
- Have the ability to communicate with and understand business stakeholders as well as technical specialist and non-technical colleagues
- Have experience working within an onshore & offshore business model and have the ability to assimilate new technologies quickly and efficiently to a proficient level
- Be able to help mentor and guide colleagues to understand technical solutions and take on support
To be considered, my client will need you to demonstrate your knowledge of as many of the following technologies as possible:
- Excellent Knowledge of Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Excellent Knowledge of VMware, ESX Servers
- Excellent Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Excellent Knowledge Core Windows server technologies (IIS, DHCP, DNS, PKI)
- Excellent Knowledge of Exchange, Office 365, messaging systems and Microsoft Intune
- Excellent Knowledge of SAN storage & backup technologies (Veeam, Zerto)
- Experience working with Cloud environments, Azure & AWS administration skills
- Excellent knowledge of Windows deployment service and WSUS for patch management
- Ability to analyse system logs
- Strong Scripting Languages and Automation skills (PowerShell)
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems, installation, and configuration
- Knowledge of an ITIL service management tool with an understanding of IT Change, Incident, Problem and Release management (ITIL)
- Identity Management: Active Directory / AD FS (SSO) / Azure AD Connect / Azure Active Directory / Multi-Factor Authentication
- Active Directory Domain Services (Migration/Deploy/GPO/DNS/DHCP/Security)
- Messaging / Virtualisation / Mobile Device Management
It would also be advantageous for applicants to have any of the following accreditations, but this is not essential
- Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Azure DevOps (CI/CD, Kubernetes, Containers)
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator
- Microsoft Windows Server Administrator
My client offers a flexible, home-based working model and there will be some on-call availability required, but he majority of this will be done remotely as well.
This and exciting opportunity to join an evolving business that values health and well-being and be a part of a culture that promotes self-development as well as embracing change, creating innovative solutions, and collaborating to solve problems in a complex environment