Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-11-09
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new exciting Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers’ entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
Solutions Engineers are thought leaders in the field of cloud-native application development and have strong opinions on how large enterprises should build, run and manage modern software applications. They help our customers succeed by driving outcomes measured by tangible improvements in their software delivery.
- Work with the Sales team to present the VMware Tanzu vision, value, and strategy to executives and technical management using a variety of methods
- Ensure our customers succeed by working closely on different levels of abstractions; application frameworks, microservices, cloud solutions, containers, networking and infrastructure
- Secure the technical win with our Tanzu Portfolio driving workshops, POC and modern application journeys with prospects and customers
- Continuously learn through experimenting hands-on with new tools and sharing of findings with team and community
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of technology markets, directions and trends
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering to continually refine VMware Tanzu products
- Evangelize to the business and software community via shared mediums including articles, blogs, conferences, meetups, and other social media channels
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Knowledge cloud native application development, containerisation, kubernetes, API ecosystems, CI/CD, public cloud architectures
- Experience of whiteboarding complex concepts to a technical and business audience e.g. Identifying business outcomes, technical constraints, migration strategies, monolith to micro services journeys
- Ability to work interactively with our clients to ensure their success with VMware Tanzu technology
- Strong sense of empathy for your clients and your colleagues
- Technically curious with appetite to learn and master emerging technologies
- Coachable and willing to learn in order to adapt to a changing environment
VMware Company Overview: "At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community."