The successful candidate will be involved with the development of system layouts and
design specifications for factory automation solutions, including special purpose
machines, fixtures, and gauges.
• Completion of projects; according to established schedules, consistent with
specific quality and legislation standards.
• Consultation with control systems and manufacturing divisions during the
mechanical design process to design automation solutions, which are built
efficiently and perform their intended function safely and reliably.
• Works to continuously improve the methods utilized within the mechanical design
division, with the goals being enhanced safety, enhanced functionality, and
• Work in a team environment with the Sales, Estimating, Project Management,
Control Systems, Manufacturing, and the Management to assist in the successful
execution of the project.
• Attend internal kick off meetings (line up meetings) for new projects to receive an
understanding of the scope of the project.
• Liaison with vendors for technical information and specifications.
• Participate in post project review meetings to compare what was quoted against
the completed project.
• Some travelling will be required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Post-secondary education specializing in mechanical design technology with an
emphasis on factory automation solutions
• Strong background using SolidWorks
• Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and factory automation with
the ability to read GD&T prints
• Proficient with pneumatic and servo actuators
• Experience with Siemens Process Simulate, RobotMaster or other types of 3D
simulation software would be considered an asset
• This position requires travel to the US, therefore only candidates who can show
proof of vaccination will be considered for the role
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in mechanical design technology with an
emphasis on custom automation solutions
• Strong computer, problem solving, organizational, and coaching skills, with the
ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required