Thompson Search Partners has teamed up with a Canadian owned Chemical company, to assist in hiring their next Corporate Engineering Manager.
This is a permanent full time, position. The Corporate Engineering Manager supervises a small but energic engineering team. The successful candidate will enjoy being out of their office and in the plant and possesses a Chemical Engineering degree.
This position supports the senior management and operations as follows:
- Develops and implements the Corporate Capital plan.
- Manages process safety and environmental programs including reporting.
- Manages product scale-up or transfer between Plants including process safety evaluations.
- Manages plant and process upgrade program.
- Monitors and reports on Plant performance (Productivity, Cycle times, Yields, Raw Material forecasting, etc.).
- Manages annual maintenance shutdowns.
- Develops and maintains the Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Assists in the development, costing and implementation of capital expenditure projects.
- Ensures TSSA Compliance (pressure vessels and process piping).
- Maintains data and specifications of Plant equipment and facilities including P&ID’s.
- Develops and maintains corporate design guidelines and specifications for Plant equipment, instrumentation, piping, materials of construction, parts, P&ID standards, and sets standards for any activity practiced in any plant or engineering operation.
The successful candidate will possess a Chemical Engineering degree and Professional Engineering Certification (P-ENG) and 10+ years of engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.