Our client a large global Automation machine build firm is looking to add a Controls Engineer to their Engineering team!
The Controls Engineer will perform software programming and electrical debugging activities on our automated machinery . In direct collaboration with the technical lead and the Project Manager, this position is responsible for software programming and electrical debugging activities on all original equipment. This role will involve preparing machines in house and following machines to customer site for installation; travel up to 25%.
• Prepare machines for the debugging phase and FAT phase
• Power machines up after wiring
• Check electrical wiring, verify I/O’s are properly wired
• Debug electrical circuits ensuring they perform according to design
• Work with the wiring team in solving any wiring issues
• Test all circuits and approve machine for debugging
• Setup all servos, VFDs
• Provide programming support during customer’s FAT
• Provide programming and electrical support for the setup and testing of all ancillary equipment (laser printers, bowl feeders, etc.)
• Load program into PLC and perform basic programming tasks on standard components
• Support installation technicians during commissioning of new machines
• Travel to customer’s site to provide electrical debugging support during new machine installations
• Prepare Ladder logic design patches for projects in installation/commissioning phase
• Mark-up / Update schematics as required during debugging and commissioning
• Debug and Test machines to fulfill intended machine function specified by project
• Support the Project Managers and Operations manager during project execution in order to minimize time and cost impact of design modifications during debugging
• Provides support to electrical wiring teams on issues related to wiring schematics and special ancillary equipment
• Develop off-line program for machines or machine functions
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5-8 years’ experience in the field of electrical engineering in the automation/industrial machinery industry.
• BSc. or similar Technical Education in the field of Electrical Engineering.
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical required.
• Good working knowledge of current safety standards.
• Above average command of office tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). • A strong command of the English language. • Strong customer service skills. • Strong communication skills.