Director of Engineering
2infinity are currently exclusively partnered with a hyper-growth business, who have created a best-in-class Supply Chain Tech product which is taking the Logistics & Supply Chain market by storm. The company are experiencing impressive growth figures month on month in revenue & client map which already includes a number of huge global players. As a result, they are expanding their headcount across all departments & have tasked 2infinity with sourcing & introducing the top tier talent in the market.
Role & Responsibilities
- Recruit and retain product engineering teams focused on the needs of Shippers Globally.
- Be accountable for the delivery of the engineering team, making sure the team achieves short term and long term objectives. Execution driven and biased for action.
- Project/Program manage large and complex projects of diverse scope, and be ultimately responsible for its delivery and output.
- Collaborate effectively with peers in Product Management, Design, and Business & Operations.
- Provide guidance to technical architecture design that is maintainable and practical.
- Own the efficiency of the team, provide guidance to direct reports on continuous process improvements.
- Be responsible for planning strategic (long term) and tactical (short-medium term) initiatives that are aligned with company business objectives. Maintain a disciplined planning process for the organization.
- Be a strategic thinker. Build an expert knowledge of the shipper product area and freight industry as a whole. Set strategic guidance for the team to deliver.
- Demonstrates judgment on a daily basis when making decisions and communicating outwards.
- Sets and owns success metrics
- Manage and mentor other junior managers and engineers on the engineering team, provide guidance and career goal opportunities.
- Connect with the team on a personal level. Identify morale issues within the team, and support team members to ensure the long term health of the team.
- Bachelor’s or above degree in Computer Science or a technical field.
- At least 10 years’ experience building software or web applications.
- At least 5 years of management experience managing technical teams. Experience in managing multiple teams with diverse scope.
- Strong technical and logical thinking foundation. Experience in complex technical system architecture. Has a strong individual developer background.
- Track record of delivering on ambitious goals with high quality.
- Ability to collaborate across many different functions.
- Ability to jump outside of the technical domain and understand business strategies and impacts.
- Experience leading large initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working in Global companies
- Passion to help others and fill the gap when needed.
- Motivated always learning and improving yourself and your team
- Can build and maintain a strong team culture. Lead by example.