The client is looking to hire a Switchgear Engineer with HV/LV experience to work on a very prestigious contract. You will be given an array of progression opportunities geared towards making you a technical expert within their industry.
The successful engineer will have previous experience in a Service Engineer role in Electrical Engineering. You will have excellent electrical fault finding and rectifications skills, good commercial awareness skills to provide top level customer service and technical support.
Duties & Responsibilities of a Switchgear Engineer:
- Composing and issuing of site specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Carrying out of maintenance to manufacturers recommendations, current guidelines and BGSS procedures.
- Completion of test sheets on PDA
- Approving of typed reports prior to issuing.
- Creating site specific remedial action lists and sourcing parts as required for inclusion in a quotation.
- Assuming position of responsibility on HV Department projects.
- Carry out diagnostic checks in order to diagnose faults and rectify as necessary.
- When not travelling, will be required to assist with general workshop / office duties
- Ensure all resources allocated are safely and securely stored while in possession and ensure that returned in a reasonable and appropriate timescale
- Carrying out site visits as and when requested by the Department Manager
- Carry out on-call responsibilities on a rota basis
- Conduct self in a manner, which maintains and enhances working relationship with customer and were possible, capitalise on any networking opportunities to promote the Company and its services.
- Complete all paperwork such as time sheets and expense claims in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that issues and risks are escalated to Management to allow adequate investigation and resolution.
- Ensure that all actions are considerate and compliant with the quality standards, health and safety standards and Company standards.
- Observe and demonstrate behaviours in line with the core values of the Company.
- Approach situations with a responsible, tenacious and accountable attitude
Skills and Qualifications for a Switchgear Engineer:
- 18th Edition 2391 Inspection & Testing
- City & Guilds ONC, BTEC ONC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Proven record of relevant employment history
- Strong electrical background
- Working knowledge of High Voltage and Low Voltage electrical distribution networks up to and including 11KV
- Sound technical and testing knowledge of electro/mechanical and electronic protection devices
Package Available for Successful Candidate:
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Basic Salary between £34,000 - £38,000
- Mobile Phone / Laptop
- Company Vehicle
- Product Training
- Job Type: Full-time