Qualifications / Experience
- Diesel mechanic qualification, marine or plant based, to include diagnostic and service information software training.
- Experience in machineries and mobile plants repairs, maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Experience in auto electric will be an advantage
- Experience in operating and maintaining renewables including wind turbine and solar.
- Basic understanding of pool maintenance and treatment systems
- At least five years’ experience operation and maintenance of diesel power generation equipment. Either marine based or land based micro-grid operation.
- Experience of operating synchronising switchgear and automated distribution systems at a minimum of 480V.
- Experience in electrical low voltage electrical works up to 480V
- Experience with operation and maintenance of photovoltaic systems and set up
- Experience in operation and Maintenance of reverse osmosis water treatment plants at a scale of 10,000 GPD or more.
- Experience and knowledge in other engineering trades such as plumbing, carpentry, heating & ventilation and air-conditioning.
- Computer literate and understanding of Microsoft applications
Behaviours / Skills
We are looking for a hardworking, productive applicant who takes pride in their job and the facilities that they maintain. The successful applicant will be willing to work flexible hours and respond to and work through breakdowns until the job is done.
- Confident and assertive in their work
- Strong instruction and coaching skills to be able to pass onto the team
- Good leadership skills, qualities and able to manage a team of technicians of diverse nationalities
- Organised and able to manage logistical challenges
- Hand on
- High sense of responsibility with regard to safety issues
- Passion and pride in their work
- Works well under pressure
- Calm in emergency situations
- Sense of fun
Here’s what you’d do:
Responsibilities include working daily operation and maintenance of systems.
- The position will require a 60 hour working week with up to three extra duty shifts in the evenings.
- The position will ideally be an onsite position with housing provided on the island
- The position requires availability to respond to emergencies out of hours if they are affecting the guests.
Package & Benefits
- Minimum 12 month contract (subject to work permit approval)
- Competitive Salary ( up to- $50,000 per annum)
- 24 days paid holiday per year (team work 6 days a week) plus public holidays
- Subsistence, Flight & Accommodation allowances
- Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and Company Pension after qualifying period
- Initial flights from country of residence (and return at end of contract)
- …and the world’s best commute to work!