6 -12 Months (Rolling)
Senior Infrastructure Manager/IT Operations Director - Worthing, West Sussex/Remote Working
6 to 12 months rolling contract/£775 per day (INSIDE IR35)/office based in Worthing with some remote working
My client a leading technology strong professional services company seek an experienced Senior IT Operations Manager/Infrastructure Manager, who has worked in large scale enterprise environments and have experience of highly regulated operations, to be responsible for the following functions and capabilities within IT:
- Networks and WiFi.
- Data Centre/Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity.
- Operational Security.
- Servers, storage and back-up.
- Switches and Firewalls.
- OS and VMware/Virtualisation.
- Associated tools in infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Cloud and IaaS Services.
- MDM/Device Management.
Please note this is NOT a project or programme management position and requires the person to have experience of large scale environments/organisations, that have a high volume of change.
Principle responsibilities for the Senior Infrastructure Manager/IT Operations Director:
- Responsible for service delivery of all services, and resources within the Infrastructure Operations Support Team.
- This includes responsibility for ensuring the appropriate level of support for the ongoing functionality of the infrastructure in conjunction with service management.
- Maintains a management and leadership role in setting service direction and ensures standards and policies are maintained and compatible with the companies standard information systems architecture, tools, policies and procedures.
- Maintains responsibility for the coordination, implementation and management of corporate infrastructure capabilities. This includes coordinating specifications, design, training and installation timeliness and appropriate testing mechanisms.
- Supports financial management activities, including the creation and maintenance of the infrastructure Services budget (capital and operational).
Additional core responsibilities for the Senior Infrastructure Manager/IT Operations Director:
- Liaises and works closely with the IT Security and Information Governance Department to coordinate, manage and ensure operational security and data governance is managed and maintained within IT and the business.
- Leads team personnel management activities, including performance management and career development activities.
- Sponsors efforts to develop core competencies, processes, and disciplines - Supports sharing of best practices.
- Supports the IT division in infrastructure & tools selection, preparation of RFP's, etc. in conjunction with the IT Division or the organisations procurement personnel.
- As a member of the IT management team, is responsible for participating in the demand management roadmap and development/implementation of the IT Strategic Plan.
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organisational performance - Working with Service Management develops benchmark measures to evaluate productivity within Operations Support.
- Works with the IT Architecture team to ensure infrastructure standardisation and utilisation across the enterprise.
Required technical knowledge and experience for the Senior Infrastructure Manager/IT Operations Director:
- Strong understanding of infrastructure, support, implementation, ITIL and customer service processes.
- A clear understanding of systems/monitoring tools and corresponding support requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of working with technologies including Microsoft OS, VMWare 5 & 6, Cisco, Wifi, Networks, SAN, Juniper, Operational Security in a large-scale environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills, personal drive and ability to see projects through to execution in a corporate environment is required.
Required knowledge and experience for the Senior Infrastructure Manager/IT Operations Director:
- Experience is highly regulated and large scale enterprise level organisations.
- Strong analytical skills in budgeting, planning, and policy development and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent, preferably in Information Systems or a related field.
- An advanced degree in Information Systems, Business, Planning, or related field is a plus.
- Direct supervision or staff development experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in multiple technology disciplines.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrable strong experience in team management (of 8+ staff) and leadership.
- Experience in delivery life cycle management.
- Experience in project delivery and project management (ideally PRINCE2 certified or equivalent).
- Experience in the Information Technology field with broad technical experience in a variety of Operating systems and infrastructure technologies.
- Development experience.
- Understanding of Technology Architecture patterns and frameworks.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning.
- Exposure to data streaming technologies, data protection and information governance a significant bonus.
Senior Infrastructure Manager/IT Operations Director - Worthing, West Sussex.
6 to 12 months rolling contract/£775 per day (INSIDE IR35)/based in Worthing with some remote working, but still require to be in the office.