Finance Business Partner£55,000 - £60,000 + 8% Bonus & excellent benefits
Aila is exclusively partnering with a high-tech manufacturing business in Pitstone as we look to recruit a Finance Business Partner into the team on a permanent basis. Our client has a global presence with more than 70,000 employees and a €15bn turnover, boasting a Best Employer award by Forbes magazine in 2021. We’re not surprised by this with excellent benefits, fantastic staff retention and an environment to really excel and develop in your career.
This role sits within the Electrical & Power division and is one of the world’s leaders in aircraft electrical systems. This is the first role they’ve needed to recruit for a few years, having remained consistent with headcount and positions in the finance team. They have an excellent working culture, offer hybrid working and finish at 12pm every Friday.
This role will lead on all finance matters primarily relating to various programs across industrial, aftermarket and engineering activity and will be the key Finance Business Partner providing reporting, budgeting and planning business support.
You will also act as a proactive and trusted Advisor to the business, challenging the business to examine problems, issues, risks and opportunities to create solutions that drive improved business performance as well as adhering to corporate policies or requirements relating to accounting activities.
We’re looking for an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Finalist or Qualified Accountant that has month end management accounting experience, and business partnering and analysis experience on top. This role has plenty of engagement with internal stakeholders, therefore it’s essential somebody has worked in an added value environment before. Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to improving the profitability of the programs by analysing the financial impacts of business decisions, calculating monthly P&Ls, preparing dashboards and attending monthly review meetings
- Work closely with the Business Development department and the Program Managers, supporting the preparation of business plans
- Assist the BD managers in the development of commercial offers
- Participate & lead the monthly rolling forecast cycle, supporting in the development of medium-term plan and the annual budget
- Acting as a business partner to Program Managers and program team through building effective relationships and influencing both through reasoned argument and in a sophisticated way
- Extended P&L analysis with a view to identifying opportunities for improvement and aiding Programs in understanding drivers for performance, variances and impact on program contribution
- Coordinate program reporting with the other Business units to enable Division consolidation
- Drive Program culture across the business and Finance to ensure full alignment of all other Finance Business Partners into a Program orientated mind set
- Support the month end process, preparing journals, supporting intercompany reconciliations
- and providing key explanations
- Support ad-hoc reporting including weekly sales and cost of sales reporting
- Opex reporting responsibilities may be required on a limited scope
To be successful in this role, you will be a confident and personable business partner with the ability to build effective relationships and influence stakeholders with excellent communication skills and intermediate/advanced Excel. If you have worked with SAP and Power BI, that would be highly advantageous, but not a prerequisite.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.