Senior Management Accountant£50,000 - £60,000 + £5K Car allowance, 15% bonus & excellent benefits
Aila is excited to announce that we’re in partnership with one of the most successful businesses in Hertfordshire with an impressive growth story and a culture that is hard to match. They’ve always offered development and progression opportunities for staff, and they have an incredibly impressive retention rate.
They are a leading employer of choice in the area and have achieved substantial success by investing in their people. They have been awarded a place in the top 30 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
We’re supporting on the recruitment of an ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified Accountant to join the team as a Senior Operational Accountant on a permanent basis, supporting the Lead Operational Accountant with the team and providing practical support, commercially astute financial advice and accounting information to Managers and field teams in order that they can correctly interpret P&L reports, understand the impact, and effectively manage their profit margin.
This is a key role within the operational finance team of a £2bn business with an excellent history of success and impressive growth projections. The role will be hybrid, but there will be a business requirement to visit sites nationally too. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist Lead Accountant at period end, providing support for junior members of the team and be able to fully close the accounts to the agreed deadlines
- Undertake bespoke and project work as directed by the Head of Operational Finance
- Work with Project Managers to ensure all capital costs are captured correctly and variances to budget are understood
- Maintain the fixed asset and intangible asset registers
- Attend Regional operational and P&L meetings supporting the Regional Directors, Area and Site Managers by providing financial expertise, support and analysis, exploring concerns and offering potential solutions
- Support the Operational Accountants and Operational Analysts, safeguarding the financial integrity and accuracy of P&L’s
- Responsible for assisting the Lead Accountant in the design and development of sustainable reporting solutions
- Ensure Operational Accountants provide consistency in reporting from different systems to achieve financial integrity of sales, margin, costs, stock, payroll, banking and provisions by creating and enhancing processes to aid reconciliations
- Responsible for coaching Field teams in the effective interpretation of their P&L reports to achieve the required margin
- Follow up and investigate queries from Managers to ensure the accuracy of the financial accounts
- Periodic reconciliations of balance sheet accounts. Ensure integrity is maintained through reconciliations to confirm financial controls
- Review trends and challenge current performance within the Regions and the wider business and facilitate implementation of best practice
- Preparation of financial information, including the periodic managements accounts
- Support budget holders in their understanding of actual periodic costs
- Liaise with internal and external auditors at half yearly and annual audits
- Ad hoc analysis as required by supporting the business with information for decision making
- Analyse large volumes of data and interpret findings in a clear concise format
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified accountant with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to interpret key P&L trends and relay these to non-finance. You will have the ability to build relationships effectively and the emotional intelligence to plan and manage your workload efficiently within an extremely fast-paced and exciting environment. You will naturally have advanced Excel and be highly analytical with the ability to draw insights from complex data and provide meaningful analysis and commentary.
This role will suit somebody operating in a similar role, or an ACA Auditor looking for their first move into industry.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.