JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
To professionally and efficiently manage the installation of new and replacement UPS and Generators throughout the UK and Ireland. Or client Services deliver New Build and refurbishment projects in the datacentre, Telecoms and Healthcare industries as well as the Emergency Services, MOD and local Government.
- The project engineer is responsible and accountable for;
- Taking ownership of projects from point of order to customer handover
- Understanding customer requirements and ensuring these are met and where possible exceeded.
- Simultaneously running multiple projects (varying in size and complexity)
- Assessing new orders at the point of receipt to ensure the projects team can meet client requirements (solution and timeframe), attending site as required to ensure smooth delivery of installation works
- Liaising internally/externally to ensure equipment, engineers, subcontractors, documentation are provided on time and budget, obtaining authorization where additional costs are required.
- Maintaining internal systems to ensure accurate forecasting of job completions and associated invoicing
- Manage and escalate Health and Safety and financial risks
- The project engineer is responsible for;
- Arranging the delivery, testing, positioning, building and commissioning of new and replacement UPS and Generators. Arranging Witness testing where required.
- Carrying out a site visit to ensure smooth running of projects, if our pre installation questionnaire identifies concerns or if requested by our customer.
- Carrying out actions in a timely manner to ensure undue pressure (short lead times) are not unduly placed on internal departments, contractors and suppliers
- Attend internal meetings as required
- Maintaining timely updates of the project timetable (completion dates).
- The efficient and effective scheduling of internal resources (appropriately skilled resource with minimum travel), providing clear instructions re the scope of work to installation resources.
- Ensuring the arrival time and duration of works is clear for other colleagues scheduling resources
- Timely communication with the customer in response to any queries or complaints
- Logging non-conformances in the quality system wherever our service has not met customer expectations or we have identified a problem that could lead to customer dissatisfaction.
- Providing generic and site Specific Method Statements & Risk Assessments, O & M Manuals and drawings
- Delivering exceptional levels of customer service
- Working openly and collaboratively with internal departments to ensure efficient processes and prompt resolution of issues
- Maintaining up to date product/system and Health and safety knowledge, identifying training requirements with line management as required.
- Coaching, supporting team members
- Other duties required by the role
- A Technical background and understanding of Electrical/Electronic engineering
- Ideally previous experience in a Project engineer role in the UPS Industry but will consider project engineers with a generator/switchgear background.
- Extensive site experience
- Self-motivated, driven, organised, calm under pressure and proficient in multi-tasking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused ethos, focused on the delivering the best possible service
- Strong attention to detailHi
- Ability to work on your initiative with limited supervision
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player
Supportive, Nurturing Qualifications, Knowledge, Training
- Knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage
- ONC (or equivalent) in electronic engineering (Not Essential)
- Qualification (City and Guilds, NVQ or similar) if outside of the UPS industry
- 18th Edition (Not essential)
- Knowledge of the Riello product range (Preferable but not essential)