Technical Team Lead required to join an inspiring and fast-growing e-commerce & retail solution provider, that is changing the way we all shop and interact with grocery stores.
As part of their continued growth, the business is creating a new team within their Managed Service division who will be working across multi-cloud solutions for continued improvement of infrastructure automation, performance optimisation and scalability.
As the Technical Team Lead you be the founding member of this team and will be involved in the immediate hire of x2 additional Engineers, scaling this further as the business grows.
Your role will involve working on new customer implementations and maintenance to ensure the ongoing stability and reliability of existing customer and internal platforms.
Within this role your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving infrastructure automation
- Ensuring effective team working, by seeking input from team members and will support team members (technically and operationally) in achieving continuous improvement - procedural, operational and system improvements
- Contributing to the continuous improvement and development of the Managed Services function by sharing knowledge, experience and expertise with the team and other business unit team leads
- Working with the Professional Services, Service Desk and Product team leads to ensure all aspects of the department “business as usual” operations can be maintained to meet key SLAs
To be suitable for this role you should have:
- A working knowledge of public cloud technologies such as AWS, OCI or Microsoft Azure
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code and GitOp
- Experience creating and maintaining cloud-deployment infrastructure
- Knowledge of cloud deployment tools and services - Jenkins, Helm, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Docker Containers, Kops, API Gateway, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Lambda
- Experience of Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and system monitoring tools
- Experience of software load balancers
- Experience of infrastructure automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of Go, Python, Ruby and/or Node.js languages (considered an advantage)
- Knowledge of Bash, PowerShell and PowerShell-DSC
This role is offering a salary up to £65,000 per annum and will be predominantly office-based (when safe), with substantial work from home flexibility.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, then please apply via the link provided.